Who doesn’t want to stay fit, slim, and look good in every clothing item they own. However, most of us when starting a tough workout journey with a lot of diets and end up losing weight something is waiting for us. Saggy skin was once tightened because of the cushion that was offered because of the fat layer.
Most people dread the day they will get stretch marks but they never realize that you can fade the stretch marks by moisturizing your skin. However, if you lose the fat cushion and your skin becomes saggy and loses its elasticity, this will become a major issue. Most people when starting their weight loss journey focus on the weight only.
They hardly realize that saggy skin will make folds and they will still have to hide that skin under baggy clothes. The fashion dread that they once had will never be full filled unless they know exactly what to do. Fortunately, there are so many different procedures that are offered by physicians, surgeons, and fitness experts.
With the help of this article, we will mainly focus on the saggy neck skin that might become an issue after you lose weight. Neck skin is the most exposed part of the body because you cannot hide it with anything other than turtle neck. To help you start your skin tightening journey in the neck area, we have mentioned some of the very simple workouts that you can try.
Table of Contents
Top 5 Exercise to Help You with Neck Skin Tightening
Neck stretching is a great way to activate the skin cells and probe them for better healing. You can start by stretching your neck back and then on the side, the best way to stretch your neck for better results is by using oil. You will be mixing stretching with massage and helping your skin stay hydrated and heal easily. Do not rush your skin by pressing too hard, gentle strokes will be enough for probing the healing process.
Facial yoga is a great option for skin tightening. Although this will take a long time you will see the difference within just a few weeks.
You can start facial yoga training at any time without going to the gym. It is simple and easy and there are so many different asanas you can try. Some of the best neck and face skin tightening asanas to try include:
This is a simple pose where you have to get the blood flow towards the head for better healing. This is also known as the baby crane pose. You will fold your body and get into a fetal position. Now your body weight will be on the arms as you lift your feet from the ground. This is a very good pose that will rush the blood towards the upper body.
This pose is very common and it is known as the downward dog pose. For this pose, you will get on all fours but your buttock will be high in the air rather than keeping a straight torso. Try to lift as high as you can and then hold the pose for a long time.
A little tricky but very effective. This pose is also known as the plow pose. You just need to lie down straight with your back against the hard ground. Now, simply lift the legs and fold them towards your head but do not fold your knee.
Some Tips That Can Help With Skin Tightening
Most people think that the only way you can tighten your skin is through surgery. This might be true in severe cases but there are so many other methods that can help you with the skin tightening issue.
Some of the tips that can help you with skin tightening includes:
- Drink water and stay hydrated throughout the day. Your skin needs water for staying tough and elastic throughout the day.
- Try to moisturize your skin at least 2 times a day. Every time you use direct harsh chemicals on your body or you feel dryness, use a generous amount of moisturizer right away. It is better to use light oil for moisturizing to avoid any synthetic chemicals.
- Eat more fruits and fresh vegetables to help your skin improve and heal.
- Massage your skin every day with light skin oil. Make sure you are using the right technique and moving your skin upwards. Do not rub it too much just, gentle stroking is good till you feel the skin has gathered heat to start the healing process.
- Facial yoga is a great way to train your skin and improve skin elasticity.
- In case the issue gets severe, rely on cosmetic procedures for better and quick results. Some of the best and easier cosmetic procedures for skin tightening include ultrasound skin tightening, chemical peeling, neuromodulators, radiofrequency tightening treatment, intense pulsed light tightening treatment. Some places also offer a combination treatment that includes pulsed light tightening treatment and radiofrequency tightening treatment. You can also get laser peeling that is commonly known as laser resurfacing.
To sum it all up, it all comes down to your weight loss journey. If you are already aware of the impact your weight loss journey will have on your body, you will start to act more responsibly. You will use more water and rely on natural and organic solutions. The best way to deal with skin issues is to drink water and help your body in the healing process through exercise. Naturally, our skin has collagen that helps in tightening the skin and helps with elasticity. To boost collagen production you need to start exercising.
Most people report issues because they have a poor diet and their lifestyle changes have made them starve for a long time which has resulted in serious harm to their skin. Apart from this, chain-smoking, extreme tanning, use of chemicals, sunbathing without sun protection, and substandard body washing solutions can also be a very important reason for losing elasticity.
As you exercise to keep your skin hydrated, you also need to drink water regularly and make sure you are not testing your patience by keeping yourself from eating. Try fresh juices, detox water, green tea, and fruits as well.
Ann Edwards is the fully qualified personal trainer from Elite sports. She has been helping people in the field of bodybuilding and fitness from more than a decade. Her career in nutrition and physical therapy has made her a fine addition for our team.